Minister Edson Fachin, president of the Superior Electoral Court – Fellipe Sampaio/SCO/STF
in response to defense Ministryo Superior Electoral Court (TSE) affirmed this Friday, 6th, that he is not opposed to disclosing what were the questions of the Armed Forces regarding the electoral system. The letter was signed by the President of the Court, Minister Edson Fachinand addressed to General Paulo Sergio Nogueirahead of the folder.
“I notice that the documents sent by the Ministry of Defense to the Superior Electoral Court can be made public, without any objection from the electoral court,” said Fachin, who recalled that some documents were classified by the ministry itself as reserved and that these can be kept confidential for up to five years.
“I must clarify that the documents produced by the CTE (Commission for the Transparency of Elections), namely, its constitutive and amending ordinance, the report compiled from the suggestions of its members and the action plan to increase the transparency of the electoral process, response to the first letters sent by the Ministry of Defense, were duly publicized by this court”, added the minister.
Regarding the material classified as reserved, Fachin sent another letter to the commander of Cyber Defense of the Brazilian Army, General Heber Garcia Portella, asking him to clarify the need or not for secrecy on these documents.
On Thursday 5th, the Defense Minister sent a letter to the TSE asking that the questions asked by the Armed Forces about this year’s elections be made public. Last year, the military were invited by the Court itself to join the transparency commission. On the same day, President Jair Bolsonarowhich systematically attacks the electronic voting system, said that his party, the PL, would hire a private company to audit the election.
Continues after advertising
Copyright © Abril Mídia S A. All rights reserved.
Quality and reliable information, just one click away. Subscribe SEE.